Host Gator

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What did you do today to make more money online?





There are a lot of people out there who are trying to make money online, and a lot more who would like to. But when it comes down to it, what are they really doing to make it happen?

People see successful online money-earners and think that they just got lucky, or know some special secret. Now sure they probably do know a lot of stuff that you or I don't, but not because they were born with that knowledge. They know it because they have been living and breathing their craft for a long time. Learning about that stuff when other people are watching tv or playing Farmville.

There are a lot of different ways to make money online, and many of them can eventually get to a point of maintenance where you can get a decent amount of money without a lot of constant effort - EVENTUALLY. Nothing starts out that way except trust funds.

The money you will be making from your online ventures next month and next year is a result of the work you are doing NOW.

Everybody wants to make easy money from selling ebooks, but nobody wants to sit down and write one.

People may see the fact that I make $1000 or more a month from online ventures, but what they don't see is me getting home from work at 530 and then spending the next 3 or 4 hours listing eBay stuff, filming and editing videos, writing blog posts and website copy, writing an ebook, packing and shipping sold products, researching new ideas, etc.

Many of the things I am working on now I have yet to make any money from, like ebooks. Hopefully when they are finished I will. But that's the way it works. If this blog or one of my others is making $500 or $1000 a month in a few years people will think I have it easy, but they aren't the ones taking their lunch break to write when it only get's them $3.00 a month.

I really am not some paragon of discipline and hard work, as I actually hate working. Which is exactly why I am dedicated, more than ever, to developing alternate sources of income so I don't HAVE to work for somebody else. But I know that it isn't just going to happen for me automatically. 

And it's not going to happen for you when you get a better camera or a better computer, it's not going to happen when you figure out some special secret, or buy the right get-rich program, and it's not going to happen when your kids finally leave the house and you have more time.

It is going to happen exactly when it becomes very VERY important to you.

And this is coming from somebody who isn't there yet. I still have to work a normal job. I still have to choose to use my little free time to work on these things instead of doing things I find more enjoyable. But maybe in a couple years you will be looking at my stats with wonderment the same way I look at those of Pat Flynn at http:www.smartpassiveincome.com. But if so, it will be because of what I am doing today. 

So again, what did you do TODAY?



-Double E

No comments:

Post a Comment